Please make the Torch of Wisdom Foundation your “Charity of Choice”. We want to count you among our supporters who have chosen to invest in the future of the community we serve. Your generous donations will allow the many dedicated volunteers, local business partners and our Board of Directors to continue developing programs and events that promote education, cultural arts and community enrichment…effectively “Changing Tomorrow Today”©.
The Torch of Wisdom Foundation is a 501c3 tax-exempt organization. Qualified donors are entitled to a federal income tax deduction for eligible contributions invested in our charitable work.
Affinity Partnership Donations
Support us when you shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Start by shopping with a Smile at www.smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to the Torch of Wisdom Foundation.
- If you already have an account with Amazon all you have to do is make sure you are on the Amazon Smile page and start shopping…it’s that easy!
- If you don’t already have an account, go to www.smile.amazon.com and create an account. Scroll down to the “Select Your Own Charitable Organization” section and type in Torch of Wisdom Foundation and hit search. You will be given an opportunity to confirm that this is the correct organization and then start shopping!
- You must do your shopping from the unique smile.amazon.com url in order for the Torch to get credit.
Add Torch of Wisdom Foundation to your Kroger Rewards card! Click on the attached link and register your Kroger card with Kroger Community Rewards. Go to https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow/ and enter code VW968, or search for our name under the “FIND AN ORGANIZATION” search.
Sustaining Donor: Individual or corporate contributions that help support the creation and execution of community programs and events as well as the day-to-day operations of the Torch of Wisdom Plaza facility. The facility is located on 21819 W. 9 Mile Rd., Southfield MI 48076. The facility has meeting/event space available for rental.
Capital Campaign: Individual or corporate donations from community members who are committed to helping the TOWF extinguish its mortgage and make capital improvements to the facility which will further enrich the community in which it serves.
Individual Recognition or Memorial Donation: Individuals or corporations are able to donate in recognition or remembrance of a loved one as a single, one-time donation or regularly scheduled ongoing donations. In the event, you would like to establish memorial donations in honor of your loved one, please contact us at 248-327-6815 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. On behalf of the Board of Directors, we thank you in advance for your generosity and selection of the Torch of Wisdom Foundation to honor your loved one.
The Torch of Wisdom has 4 easy methods for you to make your generous donation. Print and mail or complete the online donor pledge form to indicate your donation preferences:
- Mail: You can mail your donation by completing the donor pledge form and send it along with the check to Torch of Wisdom Foundation, Inc. P.O. Box 2787, Southfield MI 48037. The check should be made out to Torch of Wisdom Foundation, Inc. On the memo line, please note any special recognition or designation.
- Online: We can accept secure online donations via PayPal or with a credit card. If you are making the donation in recognition or remembrance of someone, please use the “Edit for Special instructions to Seller” section (underneath the $ amount donated) to indicate the name of the individual being recognized or remembered. This option is best for one-time donations.
- Bill Pay: You can also set up an automatic monthly payment through your financial institution’s Bill Pay mechanism. Please complete the attached form and email it to email@example.com so we can establish tracking of your donation. Also, please indicate either Sustaining Donor or Capital Campaign in the menu section of your check, so your donation is accurately designated.
- Stocks, Bonds & Estate Giving: These options are tax wise because they generally offer tax savings. You may avoid paying capital gains on the increase of their value. Also, you may receive an income tax charitable deduction for the full market value at the time of the donation. Please consult your financial advisor concerning the benefits.
For further information or for answers to questions regarding your donation, please call (248) 327-6815 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org