COVID-19 has greatly impacted our nation and we find ourselves with a challenge unlike any in our lifetimes. Our thoughts and prayers go to the affected individuals and families and the health professionals that are working tirelessly.
Our foundation is committed to supporting youth and families of SE Michigan during this critical time. Locally, there are many organizations that are on the frontlines helping where it is needed. Consider donating to:
The Torch of Wisdom Foundation offices will be closed through
April 30, 2020 for Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety
In April, we will monitor local and national recommendations to assess our office policy and status of our events and programming.
Upcoming Events and Programs
The Learning Network — postponed until May 2021
Spring Fling Day Party — postponed until May 2021
The status of the Affordable Housing Seminar, and Golf Classic will be updated in early May.
How to reach us
There are a lot of credible organizations dedicated to providing helpful information and resources for small businesses, including government-backed grants and third-party assistance programs. The following websites are updated continually, so be sure to check back regularly for the latest, most accurate information.
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- European Commission’s Coordinated COVID-19 Response to Counter the Economic Impact of the Coronavirus
- Staying Connected with Customers Through COVID-19
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s Small Business Loan Resources
- Latest on Coronavirus from NFIB